Easy Banana Cookie Dough Sandwiches…yes ten times over. fresh banana, cookie dough packed with protein because it’s made from chickpeas, chocolate and candy- is this a dream? nope, it’s a reality and you can have this delicious snack made in your kitchen and ready to eat within an hour.
i’ve made stuffed banana slices before aka Chocolate and Oatmeal Raisin Banana Bites, but ya know, it needed a little upgrade.
this is actually a huge upgrade. the center is stuffed with chickpea cookie dough made with the most minimal ingredients.
you won’t believe that this cookie dough is on the healthier side because it does taste so decadent!
this is the summer jam packed with no bake desserts because as you know, florida is HOT. almost too hot for this midwestern gal, so not turning on my oven is a treat.
the simplicity of this snack or well dessert is what really makes it extra special. perfect for having on hand in the freezer for when those sweet cravings hit!
the add in options are endless too. i went with chocolate covered peanuts and mini chocolate chips. you could go the healthier route with coconut shreds or hemp hearts!
ya know, i just had to take the most indulgent route because ya girl has a sweet tooth.
the cookie dough is my favorite part and it’s not heavily sweetened. that’s partially because i don’t like overly sweet desserts AND i add candy.
if you want to skip that and a different add in something that’s not nearly as sweet, just add another tbsp of maple syrup.
you can use a monk fruit based maple syrup like i did too- we love birchbenders! lakanto is great too and i can find both at Whole Foods or sprouts.
oh, and as far as storing these gems, i definitely recommend the freezer! just let them thaw a bit because they get super hard!
i’m guessing that most of y’all follow me on instagram and if you do, check out the reel that i made! i’ll also post it below so that you can watch it here!
seeing the process on how to make something really helps in my opinion! while this is an easy recipe, a tutorial is still useful.
ok, here’s everything you need to make Easy Banana Cookie Dough Sandwiches:
- 1 can chickpeas (15 ounces rinsed and drained)
- creamy peanut butter or any nut/seed butter
- almond flour
- maple syrup or lakanto/birchbenders monk fruit based ones
- vanilla extract
- chocolate covered peanuts
- mini chocolate chips
- vegan butter or coconut oil
it can’t get anymore simple than that! all in all, i used four bananas and got 18 slices and made 9 sandwiches but this will depend on large you cut the bananas.
you can cut the bananas into circular slices and make tiny stuffed coins.
if you love this recipe, then you’re also going to love these!
are you going to make Easy Banana Cookie Dough Sandwiches?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Easy Banana Cookie Dough SandwichesCourse: Desserts, No Bake
- 18 banana slices (about 4 bananas)
- cookie dough
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas rinsed and drained
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup or monk fruit syrup
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup crushed chocolate coated peanuts
3-4 tbsp mini chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
- chocolate sauce
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter
- more candy for topping
- cut the bananas into slices and add the chickpea cookie dough ingredients to a blender like a vitamix or food processor.
- blender until a smooth consistency and then mix in the chocolate chips and crushed chocolate coated peanuts.
- fill banana slices with the cookie dough and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- melt the vegan butter or coconut oil with the chocolate chips until a smooth sauce forms. dip the banana sandwiches and place on a parchment paper lined plate or baking tray.
- top with more peanuts or chocolate chips and place in the freezer for 45 minutes or until they have fully set. store in the freezer in an airtight container.