sweet potatoes and black beans are probably my all-time favorite savory duo. they just go together incredibly well. one of the tastiest ways to eat them is by making taquitos! they’re perfectly crunchy on the outside but so soft on the inside and cooked to perfection.
i used avocado oil but you could definitely use olive oil too! avocado oil is just really mild and my personal favorite to use for frying. perfectly, crispy perfection each and every time.
the sweet potato filling is super easy to make and basically like mashed potatoes with some delicious spices like chili, cumin, onion and garlic powder. you can for sure use fresh garlic, i just wanted to make the prep process as easy as possible.
Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos are
- versatile- you can use another kind of potato or bean
- pan fried for about 2.5 to 3 minutes on each side
- the perfect entree, appetizer or snack!
- made in small tortillas but you can definitely use a larger size
- dairy free and vegan
- perfect for sharing with the fam
- made in under 30 minutes including prep time
- yummy served with tomatoes, avocado, vegan sour cream and salsa, only two of which i had on hand
what all do you need?!
- sweet potatoes! 2 cups cut into cubes. you can definitely use any kind of potato here though! purple sweet p would be so cool
- black beans- one 15 ounce can rinsed and drained
- tortillas of your choosing. i bought organic ones from trader joe’s and they’re really small! i was able to make 11 total. if you use larger ones, you will have less but can fill them way more!
- spices- chili, cumin, onion, garlic, sea salt
- unsweetened plain almond milk- any plain dairy free milk works
if you have any questions, if you could write them in the comments on this post, that would be amazing. thank you friends 🙂
Vegan Sweet Potato Black Bean TaquitosCourse: Dinner
2 cups cubed sweet potatoes
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 garlic powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup plain and unsweetened almond milk
- tortillas of your choosing
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans rinsed and drained
- avocado oil for cooking
- boil the sweet potatoes in water for 14 minutes until tender.
- add to a food processor along with the spices and almond milk.
- blend until a smooth consistency forms and then place a spoonful in a tortilla. top with black beans and roll the tortilla around to form a tube.
- add to a large pan with avocado oil and fry for 2.5-3 minutes on each side on medium heat or until golden brown.