glowing from the outside AND within. ever since going vegan yeeears ago, that’s been my mentality. i fuel my body with plant-based, nutrient dense foods and in return, glow! Vegan Autumn Glow Salad is a dish that will nourish your body and tastebuds. not only is it amazingly healthy, Vegan Autumn Salad is phenomenally delicious.
leafy kale, roasted sweet potatoes, sweet onions and earthy mushrooms are the bulk of the dish. when paired with pecans, hearty quinoa and a dreamy dressing, it’s a culinary paradise.
personally, i think Vegan Autumn Glow Salad tastes better the next day! that’s because all of the kale, veggies and quinoa has plenty of time to marinate. you can serve it cold, at room temp, or warm! slightly warm is my fave temp but it’s perfect each way!
ah, the beautiful vibrancy of Vegan Autumn Glow Salad speaks to me. you can have this dish for dinner, as a side dish, or double the recipe for the ultimate meal prep.
happiest of thursdays by the way! oh em geeee tomorrow is the weekend. i live for fridays!
ingredients + directions
- 4 cups sweet potato cut into smaller cubes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (extra virgin olive oil works too)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 4 handfuls of kale (i used Tuscan kale)
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms cut into small pieces
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cook one cup of quinoa according to package directions.
- roast the sweet potato with the extra virgin olive oil at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- in a large pot, sauté the onions, kale and mushrooms in avocado oil on medium heat for about 12 minutes.
- then, add the finished sweet potatoes, pecans and quinoa to the pot.
- whisk the dressing ingredients- liquid aminos, mustard, vinegar, veggie stock and spices.
- pour over the veggies, kale and quinoa and mix well.