The Best Vegan Monkey Bread Loaf is the ultimate vegan treat and super easy to put together. no yeast required!
let me preface this post by saying this recipe was the first time i ever tried monkey bread…..like what? how? what was i missing? EVERYTHING. while this monkey bread loaf is flippin’ glorious, i wouldn’t call it traditional, that’s for sure. however, it’s still positively delicious and i know you will love this recipe!
this isn’t a huge batch or anything and on top of that, i made the monkey bread in a bread loaf pan, so you can slice it like bread if so desired, but i think it’s so much more fun to pull apart!
ok, so the topping looks UNREAL right? i used one chocolate bar that was sitting in the back of my pantry looking all lonely. it happens to be stuffed with cashew butter too! i cut it into small pieces and placed on top of the dough. you can use any chocolate bar you want or just go with good ole chocolate chips!
oh, and there’s that peanut butttttaaaaaah drizzle, but we will get to that soon, so let me tell you what you need!
what you need & subs!
- all purpose organic unbleached flour – whole wheat and spelt could work well too! if you want to try any others, go for but i’m not sure how that will work!
- baking powder
- maple syrup
- avocado oil- olive oil or melted coconut oil should work too!
- one chocolate bar of your choice
- peanut butter
- coconut oil
oh and that peanut butter drizzle….um HELLO. it’s just creamy peanut butter melted for about 30 seconds with coconut oil and then i mixed in a little maple syrup because…why not?
it makes the bread feel extra special and extra decadent, plus I live for a good peanut butter drizzle.
the process to make the monkey bread is really simple and so are the ingredients. you only need 5 ingredients and add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl.
then, you warm up the water for 1 minute and add in the oil and maple syrup. whisk the mixture well and pour over the dry mix. the dough will totally resemble bread dough and you roll the dough into medium size balls. you can make them smaller than i did, but monitor the baking time of course.
can’t wait to see your recreations my friends! have an amazing rest of your saturday and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
The Best Vegan Monkey BreadCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
2 cups all purpose unbleached organic flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup warm water
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp avocado oil
3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 tbsp coconut oil
1.5 tbsp maple syrup
one chocolate bar cut into small pieces
- add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- warm up the water and then mix in the maple syrup and avocado oil.
- add the to dry ingredients and mix well until a thick dough forms.
- roll into medium size balls and place in a parchment lined bread pan.
- cut a chocolate bar of your choosing and place on top of the dough.
- bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes.
- whisk the peanut butter drizzle ingredients together and drizzle on top of the warm bread.