ok, i’m not a bragger but this could be an award winning lasagna. it’s that good and i can’t believe how decadent and creamy the tofu cheese is!! the cheese is kind of like an even creamier version of ricotta. it’s not that green besides the zucchini and red chard but ya know, that’s good enough for me.
packed with veggies, greens, gluten-free lasagna noodles, tofu cheese, shredded cheese and good marinara, this is an all-around crowd pleaser. the recipe yields enough for about 6-7 slices.
the lasagna cooks for 40 minutes, so the zucchini becomes super tender. also, the lasagna noodles are gluten-free and you don’t have to boil them. i actually make lasagna pretty often and go to whole foods just for their 365 brand yellow lentil and brown rice noodles. huge fan of the taste and texture!
you could definitely swap the red chard for kale or spinach. just about any greens will work. i sautéed the red chard first and then spread it on top as a layer.
you can make this early on in the week and have lunch/dinner set for the next few days! sounds like a dream, right?!
ok my friends, enjoy the rest of your evening and i hope you love this awesome recipe!
Green Machine LasagnaCourse: MainDifficulty: Medium
8.8 oz yellow lentil and brown rice gf lasagna noodles
1 bunch red chard cut into slices
1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
30 oz jarred marinara (any works)
3 medium-large zucchinis cut into thin slices
1 bag vegan shredded cheese
- tofu cheese
14 oz extra firm tofu
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1 cup raw walnuts
1 large garlic clove
1/2 tsp sea salt
- sauté the red chard in olive oil for 5 minutes on medium heat and stir often.
- next, add a layer of marinara to the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- after that, place a layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles followed by a layer of zucchini. next, add a layer of red chard, tofu cheese and shredded cheese in that order. follow with more marinara and repeat that order until the top is reached. mine ended with a layer of zucchini followed by tofu cheese, shredded cheese, marinara and then more shredded cheese for the top if you would like!
- bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- cool down, cut into large squares and enjoy!