oh my gosh, give me alllll of the Easy Vegan Chocolate Energy Bars! they’re the BEST snack to take on the go and store in the freezer. with minimal and real ingredients like dates and Sacha Inchi Seed Butter, you can’t go wrong in terms of taste or texture.
this post is sponsored by Brass Roots. all opinions and recipes are my own. thank you to my amazing sponsors and community for supporting my brand!
ah, so if you read the top, you might just be wondering, what is Sacha Inchi Seed Butter? my friends over at Brass Roots provide us with some really great information that you can read below!
- HISTORY: cultivated by the indigenous people of Peru for
centuries (which is why it is nicknamed the “Incan Peanut”)
- NUT FREE: it may act like a nut, but it’s actually a seed, so
there’s NO peanut or tree nut allergens (that means kid friendly + safe for schools!)
- SUSTAINABILITY: sustainably cultivated and harvested
because the seeds grow in regions with naturally high rainfall
- HIGH PROTEIN: contains up to 9 grams of complete protein
per serving (there are only a few plant-based complete
proteins out there, so we are very proud to be one of them!)
- OMEGA 3s: ~50% of the fat in Sacha Inchi seeds comes in the
form of the Omega-3 fatty acid Alpha-Linolenic acid
- HIGH FIBER: contains 6 grams of fiber per serving, making
them a powerful prebiotic and a tool in maintaining gut health
it tastes SO GOOD in my opinion. it’s definitely different and not something like i’ve ever tasted before but really delicious.
Sacha Inchi Butter is easily spreadable and has a more runny consistency yet super creamy at the same time. i would equate the texture to crunchy peanut butter but more runny.
it’s just perfect for no bake treats, to spread on toast, dip apples in and just about everything else snack related.
i used a bread loaf pan to make the bars and just cut them into squares since they’re pretty thick! you could also use an 8 x 8 inch cake pan!
to make Easy Vegan Chocolate Energy Bars, you’re just going to need the following!
- medjool dates
- Brass Roots Sacha Inchi Seed Butter
- sunflower seeds
- oat milk
- peanut and tree nut free chocolate chips (enjoy life is great)
also, this is very cool, we’re hosting a huge giveaway, which you probably already saw on IG! there are three tiers and the prizes are AMAZING.
so, one lucky person will win a YEAR’s supply of Brass Root’s Sacha Inchi Seed Butter (12 jars) AND a $50 gift card to Sprouts, which is where you can purchase Brass Roots products. you can pick which flavors you want and how many of each!
if that’s not the best prize ever, idk what is lol. honestly, i envy whoever is going to win that! since it’s organic, gluten-free, low sugar, and high-protein to name a few, Sacha Inchi Butter has got it going on.
the second tier of giveaway winners will win a sample pack (3 flavors) of Sacha Inchi Seed Butter. don’t worry though, if you don’t win, you will still get 20% off when the giveaway closes, which is amazing!
if you haven’t already, head to my IG and enter this amazing giveaway :).
are you going to make myEasy Vegan Chocolate Energy Bars?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
also, you can follow upbeetandkaleingit on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more vegan recipes!
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Easy Vegan Chocolate Energy BarsCourse: Bars, Breakfast, Desserts, No BakeDifficulty: Easy
1 cup old fashioned oats
8 medium size pitted medjool dates
1/3 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
1/2 cup Brass Roots Sacha Inchi Seed Butter- Chocolate
1/4 cup oat milk
- chocolate topping
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup oat milk
- add the bar ingredients to a food processor and blend until a sticky, grainy consistency forms.
- then evenly distribute in a parchment paper lined bread loaf pan or 8 x 8 cake pan.
- melt the chocolate topping ingredients in the microwave for about 45 seconds. stir well until smooth consistency.
- pour over the bar mixture and place in the fridge for about 90 minutes or 1.5 hours.
- once the chocolate has set, cut into squares and enjoy!
- you can store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container