and on friday…. we pumpkin spice roll because there is no other way to do it! yay for The Best Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rolls, which are a total dream and a take on The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls. they’re seasonal, delicious, easy to make and the perfect fall weekend breakfast.
obviously the taste and texture of The Best Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rolls is perfect but honestly, i’m just loving the color!
the slight orange hue is so pretty and it comes from real pumpkin of course :).
The Best Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rolls are super similar to the cinnamon roll originals. the process the make them is almost the same too!
of course, here, you’re going to need pumpkin puree, a half a cup to be exact.
the filling is a bit different too, it’s cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger. you can just use pumpkin spice if you have that on hand, but i was all out.
my recipe is honestly fail proof at this point and so so so many people that have made them agree!
The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls are in the top three most popular recipes on my blog and too many people have made them for me to count.
you’re going to absolutely love this fall twist on the rolls and i’m just beyond excited to see your remakes!
aaaah, look at that dough!! the dough is just perfect and i am still in awe that it’s vegan!
oh, i should add, you can make the rolls the night before but if you can’t then just refrigerate them for several hours!
i ever so slightly under bake the rolls so they’re a little doughy but still have the classic cinnamon rolls texture. 25 minutes is the perfect amount.
every oven is different, so maybe bake them around 23 minutes and if you want them a little more completely cooked through, go for 26!
slight variations are totally fine, you know your oven best and which texture you like most!
what all do you need to make The Best Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rolls?!
- all purpose organic unbleached flour- SIDE NOTE: (no, i have not made these gluten free and they will not turn out well if you use gf all purpose).
- rapid rise yeast (one packet of Fleischmann’s)
- dairy free milk
- pumpkin puree
- maple syrup
- vanilla bean paste
- brown sugar
so that topping is actually not a glaze, it’s melted white chocolate and the brand is Pascha!
i do have a fabulous glaze recipe though that i will list in the recipe card.
i mean, they’re good enough that you don’t even need a glaze if you so choose.
are you going to make The Best Vegan Pumpkin Spice Rolls?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
The Best Vegan Pumpkin Spice RollsCourse: Breads, Breakfast, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
3 and 1/2 cups all purpose organic unbleached flour (used King Arthur)
1 packet rapid rise yeast (see text for brand)
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (canned is best because it’s smoother)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup unsweetened dairy free milk (used almond)
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2/3 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup plain vegan cream cheese
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup melted vegan butter
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- heat the almond milk in the microwave for 1.5 minutes. then, add the maple syrup, pumpkin puree and vanilla bean paste and whisk together.
- transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl with the yeast and mix well. let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- add the flour (1/2 cup at a time and stir). once the dough is mixed well and sticky, transfer it to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball.
- on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle (the thickness of the dough should be about 1/3-1/2 inch thick but slight deviations are ok!
- then, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. with a knife or string of floss, cut the dough into roughly 2 inch sections and place in a greased 9 x 13 inch square baking pan. cover the top with plastic wrap, place in the fridge overnight or for several hours.
- then, bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. whisk the glaze ingredients together, pour on the top and enjoy! store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.