potatoes, spinach and cheese….pass the fork! this is the ultimate spring recipe y’all! the potatoes are stuffed with fresh spinach that’s been wilted to perfection, a cheesy mixture and then more potatoes, so ya know it’s good. not only is there an abundance of flavor, but this recipe is SUPER HEALTHY!
this recipe post is sponsored by Earthbound Farm but all recipes and opinions are my own. thank you so much to my sponsors and amazing upbeetandkaleingit community for supporting my brand. you are appreciated!
simplicity is key and on this meatless monday, my Vegan Cheesy Spinach Twice Baked Potatoes are what you need for dinner!
it’s packed with fresh spinach from Earthbound Farm to get in those greens, plus the spinach pairs perfectly with the cheesy filling!
i am proud to be working with Earthbound Farm as they are cultivating a healthier world through organic farming every day!
click here if you want to meet their farmers who know the intimate details of soil composition, how to best support a thriving, balanced ecosystem and how to grow the most delicious organic food possible.
as you can see, i used fresh baby spinach but Earthbound Farm actually has a wide range of products from Fresh Organic Salads & Greens to Frozen Organic Fruit and Frozen Organic Vegetables. keep an eye out for their amazing quality products at your grocery stores!
the cheesy goodness comes from nutritional yeast and store bought vegan parmesan cheese! i bought my vegan parm at Sprouts but any vegan cheese will work!
if you can’t find vegan parm, i recommend shredded vegan mozzarella.
also, i used creamy coconut yogurt but you can use any plain and unsweetened. if you can’t get ahold of vegan yogurt, cream cheese should work well too!
as far as the potatoes used, i went with 4 medium russet potatoes. you bake them the first time for about 50 minutes, maybe an hour!
the second time around with the filling only needs about 15-17 minutes tops.
aaaah that crispy spinach!! the quality of Earthbound Farm’s products are 10/10. seriously, that spinach was in my fridge for about 4 days and it was still crispy and in perfect condition.
you just need some vegetable broth to wilt it and water is totally fine too if you don’t want to use veggie broth.
are you going to make my Vegan Cheesy Spinach Twice Baked Potatoes?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Cheesy Spinach Twice Baked PotatoesCourse: Lunch & Dinner, Main Dishes, Side DishesDifficulty: Easy
4 medium size russet potatoes
5 ounces Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach
1/3 cup vegetable broth to steam spinach
1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
1/4 cup creamy plain unsweetened yogurt (i used coconut)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup vegan shredded parmesan or mozzarella
sea salt to taste
- preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- then, pierce each potato a few times with a sharp knife, which helps the baking process. bake the potatoes on a baking tray at 400 degrees for 50 minutes to an hour until they can easily be pierced with a fork.
- while the potatoes cool down, add the entire 5 ounce container of Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach to a pan and steam in the vegetable broth for a few minutes until it’s completely wilted and the liquid is absorbed.
- then, cut the potatoes in half once they have cooled and carefully scoop out the inside while leaving enough inside to keep the potato firm so it holds its shape.
- add the scooped out contents to a bowl along with the spinach and remaining filling ingredients. mix well and place in the hollow potatoes.
- bake an additional 15-17 minutes at 400 degrees and enjoy!