up until this past may, i lived in the midwest my entire life and one of the joys it brought me was fall. i love the changing leaves, cool and crisp weather, pumpkin patches, and all of the flannel shirts! now that i live in florida, fall is going to look a lot different this year but i’m going to embrace it. that means pumpkin patches still, all of the pumpkin spice coffee + Maple Pecan Oatmeal. it’s a bowl of warmth and joy that makes you want to relax and savor every bite.
these are a few of my favorite things! ugh, that maple syrup pour just speaks to me! top with whatever you are craving! bananas, pecans, nut or seed butter and maple syrup go perfectly together. also, if you want to swap out the sunflower seed butter in the recipe for nut butter, go for it! i’m just a huge fan of the sunflower seed, maple, pecan trio.
alright my friends, hope you enjoy this any time of the day & it’s a perfect cozy recipe for Labor Day weekend!
ingredients and directions
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp creamy sunflower seed butter (nut butter works fine)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 chop chopped pecans
- add all ingredients but the pecans to a medium size pot and cook on medium heat for 10-12 minutes until a thick consistency.
- at the very end, add the pecans and allow them to warm through completely.
- cool down and serve with your favorite toppings!