Healthy Homemade Cinnamon Cereal is the ultimate weekend breakfast! when i was growing up, cereal for breakfast was a nice treat on the weekends!
my brother and i were the biggest fans of Cookie Crisp cereal, which is kind of what i tried to recreate, but cinnamon style. it’s lower in sugar but tastes like such a treat, which is always my goal!
Healthy Homemade Cinnamon Cereal is made with FIVE ingredients only, excluding a cinnamon sugar coating if you would like to add that. how amazing.
depending on portion sizes, this recipe yields enough for 2-3 people. i would say more like two though since Alex and i split what was on the tray. add some of your favorite dairy-free milk and happiness will follow!
hope you enjoy this bowl of cinnamon goodness as much as we did & i can’t wait to see what you make!!
Healthy Homemade Cinnamon CerealCourse: Breakfast
1 cup almond flour
1 tbsp tapioca flour
1/4 cup very creamy sunflower seed butter or nut butter (needs to be really creamy!)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp unsweetened dairy free milk
coating if you would like (1/8 cup of cane sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix all but the coating ingredients in a bowl until a thick batter forms.
- roll into small bites about the size of a quarter (see spoon picture for size reference).
- coat in the cinnamon sugar coating if you would like and place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes depending on size.
- serve with dairy free milk and enjoy!
Hi! I may have missed it but any way to make this nut free by using a different flour? Would gf oat work instead of almond?