these are a few of my favorite things…cereal, bananas and blueberries. so what to do in the kitchen? create Blueberry Banana Cereal!! there is no added sugar, it’s gluten-free and deliciously healthy! this recipe is just all around winning from the nutrient profile to the flavor department.
if you’re just not a fan of blueberry, you can leave them out oooooor add something else v scrumptious, like chocolate chips! i bet walnuts would be amazing too, ya know, like banana walnut bread cereal!
if you’re curious about the texture, Blueberry Banana Cereal is pretty soft. the outside is just slightly crunchy, but the inside is like a cloud! i’m so thrilled with how this recipe turned out! this recipe is enough for 2-3 people!
can you believe there are only FIVE ingredients in Blueberry Banana Cereal? crazy, right!? i’m forever amazed at all of the delicious vegan options you can create with real food.
blueberry banana cereal ingredients + directions
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 3 smaller very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 or 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (fresh works too)
- add the almond flour, mashed bananas, almond butter and extract to a bowl and mix well until a thick batter forms.
- fold in the blueberries and mold into small pieces.
- my cereal pieces were about the size of 1 tbsp, so on the larger side. if you want to make yours smaller, don’t mix in the blueberries and just add 2 blueberries on top (baking time may vary depending on size, so monitor the cereal).
- bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes.
- cool down completely (important so the cereal pieces set and aren’t mushy upon eating).