on the weekends we eat all of the pecan fudge bites covered in dark chocolate. y u m! my only regret is that i didn’t make them early in the week so we could have these tasty lil treats on hand. that’s ok! i can just pack them for Alex in his work lunches next week, if there are any left lol. i bet i’m going to have to make another batch on Sunday because Chocolate Pecan Fudge Bites are just that good.
if you see some clumps in the chocolate coating, that’s only because i didn’t do a good enough job mixing in the cacao powder. i was in a hurry to pop them in the fridge and see my hubby after work. just whisk the coating really well with a fork!
if pecans aren’t your thing, then you can totally swap them out for another kind of nut! walnuts would be another great addition. have the best long weekend and stay safe my friends!
ingredients and directions
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (any nut or seed butter works)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- chocolate coating (1/3 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips, 1/3 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp cacao powder)
- mix the almond flour, almond butter, maple syrup and dairy-free milk in a bowl until a thick dough forms.
- then, fold in the pecans and roll into bites. i made 9!
- place in the fridge for an hour and then dip in the chocolate coating.
- melt the chocolate chips, coconut oil and almond milk, stir and then whisk in the cacao powder.
- dip the bites, place in the fridge for a few hours and enjoy! store in the fridge or freezer, just thaw before eating!
these are unreal! so good and simple!!