when cinnamon baked apple meets pumpkin, the whole world stops. it’s a match that just can’t be topped. happiness in a pie pan, fall bliss in a bowl, warm comfort food on a fork. you get the point, this recipe is GOOD. the baked cinnamon apple filling is incredibly simple yet so decadent and the pumpkin oat toppings takes things to a new level of yummy.
there’s an ingredient that makes the filling extra special- almond extract. i think it’s elevates the flavor better than vanilla extract in this particular dish, but of course you can use vanilla!
in my opinion, this is a PERFECT dish to take to a holiday gathering. ya know, spice things up when it comes to traditional desserts. Apple Pumpkin Crumble totally rivals traditional apple pie!
can’t wait to see your remakes!
ingredients and directions
- 4 cups very thin apple slices (i used honey crisp)
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- for the topping: 1 cup oats, 5 tbsp pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp melted vegan butter and 3 tbsp maple syrup.
- slice the apples and add them to a bowl with the rest of the filling ingredients.
- stir well and make sure the apples are evenly coated.
- place in a pie baking dish.
- in a bowl, mix the topping ingredients and crumble on top of the apples.
- bake at 350 degrees for about 32 minutes. as long as the apple slices are quite thin, they will cook all the way through!