sundays were made for cozy food, right? Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars are the ultimate nourishing breakfast or snack for any day of the week, but they’re extra yummy on sundays. i love to snuggle up with my cat + hubby, a cup of tea and a one of these bars.
Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars are super easy to make as usual. with minimal ingredients that are real by the way and only 23 min of baking time, they’re ready in no time.
one of my favorite parts is the versatility of this recipe, it doesn’t even have to be pb & j! you could use almond butter, cashew butter or any nut/seedbutter that you like. also, any kind of jam or preserves works!
to keep the bars without added sugar, just use a jam, jelly or preserve (what’s the difference between them lol?) without added sugar.
oh you know what would be really really delicious? some chocolate chips too! you could add the chocolate chips to the top or add some into the oatmeal batter.
the absolute best part about baked oatmeal is that the prep process is beyond easy AND it turns out so yummy every single time. here’s all you have to do!
- mix the ingredients together in a bowl and add the batter to a baking pan.
- next up, you evenly distribute it and add runny peanut butter and jelly to the top.
- ya only have to bake it for 23 minutes for the oatmeal bake to be soft and fluffy.
- the bars hold up well but you can eat them with a fork of course.
- store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer and warm up before ya eat them!
- side note, i do like the bars cold fresh out of the fridge.
what all do you need?!
- almond flour
- baking powder
- flax meal
- vanilla extract
- almond milk
- apple sauce
- peanut butter
- jam or jelly
are you going to make Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal Bars
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal BarsCourse: Bars, Breakfast, Snacks, SweetDifficulty: Easy
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup flax meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 medium size very ripe mashed bananas
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1.5 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup runny peanut butter for topping
- 1/3 cup jam or jelly of choice
- mix all dry ingredients but the oats in a bowl and then add in the wet ones. mix well until a batter forms.
- next, add in the oats and evenly distribute in an 8 x 8 baking tray.
- add the peanut butter to the top and spread it out as best you can. then, add the jam or jelly on top.
- bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes, cool down, cut into bars and enjoy!