hello friends and happy tuesday (although i’m forgetting the days). baking is getting me through, truly. times are tough for everyone right now but we will get through this together. baking always seems to brighten people’s days and it’s even better when the recipe is a healthier version of a classic! there’s nothing like cool summer nights outside and sitting by a campfire eating s’mores. they’re always going to be comforting and a favorite, so i made you the vegan bar version!!
if you don’t have or can’t get ahold of vegan marshmallows right now, no worries! you can omit them completely. i kind of sort of totally recommend adding some chunks of peanut butter to the top if you have some!
have the best day and if you make these gems, be sure to tag me because i loooove reposting on my stories!
ingredients & directions
in a bowl, mix:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup very creamy almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup small vegan marshmallows
- spread out in a 8 x 11 inch parchment paper lined baking pan (mine didn’t quite reach the edges.
- top with more marshmallows and chocolate chips if you want.
- bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- cool down completely and cut into bars.
- store in the fridge!