Vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter French Toast Bites are the cutest little treats to make this season! your kids will LOVE them and so will you :).
you can take your favorite bread, in which case mine is sourdough, and cut it into little cubes.
then, there’s a homemade pumpkin peanut butter that’s made with just a few ingredients and no added sugar!
since the French toast bites are coated in coconut sugar and cinnamon, i didn’t want to add any sweetener to the filling. also, the batter has maple syrup in it.
you can always drizzle a generous amount of maple syrup on top for that extra indulgent taste. the bites are actually perfect for dipping too because you can eat them with your hands.
the kids will love that! they will even enjoy making the French toast bites in the kitchen with you. i can’t wait to do that with my little guy!
the batter is made with dairy free milk, bob’s red mill egg replacer, pumpkin spice, and maple syrup.
if you don’t have egg replacer or can’t find it at the grocery store, try a couple tbsp of tapioca flour or flax meal. those should work too!
fry each of the cubes for about a minute on each side in coconut oil until all of the sides are golden brown.
then, you can dunk the cubes while they’re warm in coconut sugar and cinnamon. whipped cream would also be a great addition!
if you love my Vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter French Toast Bites, then check out these other recipes from the blog!
are you going to make Vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter French Toast Bites?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter French Toast BitesCourse: Bites, Breakfast, Desserts
- 4 slices sourdough cut into small cubes (use any bread you want)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup dairy free milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp bob’s red mill egg replacer (just the powder, don’t mix with water)
- cinnamon sugar
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- mix the pumpkin peanut butter ingredients and then add a spoonful to a bread cube. top with another bread cube and coat in the batter.
- for the batter, whisk the ingredients and let it set about 3 minutes before adding the bites.
- then, after the bites are fully coated, place in a non stick frying pan thats been coated with coconut oil and cook on medium heat for 1 minute on each side, so a total of 4 minutes. each side should be golden brown.
- while the French toast bites are still warm, coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture. serve with maple syrup and or vegan whipped cream. enjoy!