brownies are the best, you can add so many fun ingredients and make them all kinds of textures! since fall is here, pumpkin seems like the perfect addition. not only can you taste the REAL pumpkin in my Vegan Pumpkin Brownies, it creates a phenomenal softness that makes the brownies extra fudgy, just look at the center!! also, i should mention that Vegan Pumpkin Brownies are sweetened with dates, how awesome is that!? with only 6 amazing ingredients, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
i get many requests to make vegan treats sweetened with dates and i hear you :). Vegan Pumpkin Brownies are decadent enough that no frosting or glaze is needed, but i meeeeean…
tag me in your amazing Vegan Pumpkin Brownie pictures! seeing them makes me so happy and i loooove reposting!
ingredients and directions
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 6 large pitted medjool dates (make sure they’re soft! can be soaked in hot water and then drained)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (i used Hershey’s Special Dark)
- 1/3 cup very creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- frosting optional (1/2 cup chocolate chips, 3 tbsp pumpkin puree and 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- add all ingredients to a food processor and blend on high until a very thick consistency.
- it’s important to blend until all of the dates are well-combined, so use a spoon to mix through the batter and ensure everything blended enough.
- add to an 8 x 8 parchment lined baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 27 minutes.
- top with frosting if you like- just melt the frosting ingredients together in the microwave (i do 30 seconds at a time and then mix. the frosting took one minute total to melt!)