the only thing better than cinnamon rolls is Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread! this is a delicious, easy and minimal recipe that you have to have on hand this holiday season!
oh, i have to mention, Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread is YEAST FREE! i love making cinnamon rolls with yeast, but i think it’s always great to have a yeast free option.
the bread will rise thanks to baking powder and baking soda.
for the flour base, you need all purpose unbleached organic flour if possible. while i have not tried a gluten free version of Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread, you’re welcome too!
please just keep in mind that the bread texture can’t be guaranteed to turn out the same as it will with all purpose flour.
i do have lots of gluten free dessert recipes by the way, so be sure to check them out :).
alright, so the true star of Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread is the filling.
the filling is made with pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon and vegan butter. it’s super easy to make and only takes a few minutes!
once the bread dough is rolled out, the pecans should be evenly dispersed and the dough should carefully be rolled into a log.
then, instead of cutting the cinnamon rolls and placing them in a baking pan, they will go into a bread loaf.
this is extra fun because you slice the loaf just like bread, but it’s then gooey and easy to pull apart just like cinnamon rolls.
here’s everything you need to make Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread
all purpose organic unbleached flour
organic raw cane sugar
vegan unsweetened plain yogurt (used kite hill greek)
dairy free milk
glaze or frosting if wanted
Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread bakes in the oven at 350 degrees for 23-24 minutes. it will be pretty much fully baked with a slightly doughy center, which is the best right?!
if you love my Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread, then check out these other recipes from the blog!
are you going to make my Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll Bread?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Pecan Cinnamon Roll BreadCourse: Breads, Breakfast
2 cups organic unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup organic raw cane sugar
1/8 cup avocado oil
1/3 cup creamy dairy free yogurt
1/3 cup + 3 tbsp dairy free milk
1 and 1/4 cup chopped raw pecans
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
- glaze or frosting for topping- used simple mills
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the dough ingredients in a bowl until a thick dough forms. roll out in between two pieces of parchment paper- this will make the process easy and not stick to a countertop. roll out into between a 1/4 and 1/3 inch thick square.
- add the filling ingredients to a pan and once the mixture comes to a boil, cook and stir for 3 minutes only on medium heat.
- add the filling to the rolled out dough and gently roll into a log. cut into about 1.5 inch thick rolls and place in a greased bread loaf pan.
- bake at 350 degrees for 23-24 minutes. top with icing if you want and enjoy!
- best eaten day of making but if not, store in an airtight container in the fridge and warm before eating to restore the texture.