it is a fabulous day for aromatic, flavorful, doughy and all-around ridiculously scrumptious Vegan Orange Cranberry Bread. from the texture to the taste, you can’t go wrong with this combo! it’s festive and makes a wonderful breakfast, snack or dessert bread to keep on hand in the fridge! if you have never tried cranberries and oranges, the combo is a must-try!
the flavors of the bread merry so well together and it’s definitely not overly sweet. with 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar and 3/4 cup fresh orange juice, it feels like dessert but you can taste all of the flavors since there isn’t a sugar overload.
as far as that yummy frosting on top goes, it’s store-bought! love simple mills vanilla frosting with this recipe and some fun, festive sprinkles for decor :).
super excited about this one and the second official recipe for upbeetandkaleingit holiday dessert week 2020!! tag me in your awesome pictures so that i can repost on my stories.
Vegan Orange Cranberry BreadCourse: Breads, Breakfast, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
2 cups spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/3 cup avocado oil
3/4 cup orange juice (i used fresh but store bought is fine)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 – 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- store-bought vanilla frosting for topping
- first, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add in the wet ones.
- mix well until a thick batter forms.
- fold in the cranberries and then add to a bread loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- bake at 350 degrees for 53 minutes.
- allow the bread to cool down completely before adding frosting and cutting into it. this is important so the texture sets.