we totally don’t need an excuse for a holiday to enjoy green bean casserole. it’s friday, The Good Crisp and i are giving away some chips today (head to my instagram) and the weather is perfect outside. that sounds like a good enough occasion for a fabulous casserole. although this seems to be more of a holiday dish, there’s something so special about putting on your coziest pj’s, turning on your favorite movie or show, and eating homemade Vegan Green Bean Casserole any time of the year. if you went vegan or dairy-free and have not had green bean casserole since, go for this one because it’s easy to make, super delicious and has that extra yum factor thanks to The Good Crisp Sea Salt & Vinegar Chips. Have you tried The Good Crisp? When the brand approached me, I got v excited because their potato crisps are a much better for you version of chips I grew up eating as a kid.
Al & i love the classic version too, which you can use as the crunchy topping instead, but i think sea salt & vinegar makes the dish extra special. it’s a savory dish and a hint of sour is just perfect. the casserole didn’t last long but we still have a few packs of the chips left, which were a hit as a poolside snack with some sparkling water and dates stuffed with peanut butter.
i hope you enter our giveaway on insta because we’re picking a lot of winners- ten to be exact!! friday giveaways are the best and start the weekend off right. if you make this delectable casserole, tag me and The Good Crisp so we can see it and post!
ingredients and directions
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 24 oz green beans
- Sauté the onions and garlic in avocado oil for a couple minutes on medium heat.
- Next, add 3 tbsp oat flour and cook for another minute. Stir well.
- Then, add the vegetable stock, almond milk, nutritional yeast, cream cheese, sea salt and dijon mustard. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Lastly, add the green beans, coat well with the mixture and transfer to a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Crumble The Good Crisp Sea Salt and Vinegar Chips (about 1/2 cup) and top the casserole.
- Bake at 375 for 28-30 minutes.
Thank you so much to The Good Crisp for sponsoring this post and supporting upbeetandkaleingit!