as a friday eve treat, let’s make some Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies! these are made with delicious ingredients like vegan butter, cinnamon and date syrup.
they’re the perfect treat for any day and would even make a fabulous breakfast on the weekend.
whip these up in no time and serve with some fruit, scrambled tofu, avocado toast and orange juice.
the aforementioned is quite an elaborate spread, but if you’re looking to go all out, why not?!
there’s no yeast required to make Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies! by omitting yeast, there’s less of that doughy texture and more of a cookie one.
the cookies are dense but they are indeed soft inside with a harder coating. the best of both worlds!
oh, they’re sticky too because the leftover filling that leaks out from the cinnamon rolls should be used the coat the top!
instead of a classic cinnamon sugar filling, i used date syrup! you mix date syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together and pour it over the rolled out dough.
the filling is liquid and will indeed leak out once you get to the end of rolling up the dough. that’s totally ok though!
after you cut the log into individual cookie rolls, just coat the top in the filling. it makes them extra yummy!
no cinnamon roll cookie is complete without some sort of glaze or frosting!
i took some store bought vanilla frosting like simple mills, added coconut oil and melted the two a bit.
the result was more of a glaze texture and it’s a yummy shortcut! you can always make your own though.
here’s everything you need to make Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies
all purpose organic unbleached flour
sugar sub like lakanto
cold vegan butter like miyokos
store bought vanilla frosting
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies are not gluten-free and i have not tried making them with gluten-free flour, but you’re more than welcome to!
as long as it’s a 1:1 sub, then it should work out fine with a slight variation in texture.
also, if you don’t want to use date syrup or can’t get ahold of any, maple syrup works!
are you going to make my Vegan Cinnamon Roll Cookies?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Vegan Cinnamon Roll CookiesCourse: Breakfast, Desserts
2 cups organic all purpose unbleached flour
1/4 cup water + 4 tbsp water
3 tbsp sugar sub like lakanto
1 cup cubed cold vegan butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup date syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cinnamon
- store bought vanilla frosting
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- add all ingredients but the filling and frosting to a food processor and blend until a thick dough forms.
- roll out between two large rectangles of parchment paper (just makes it easier). the dough should be rolled into a large rectangle about 1/3 inch thick.
- mix the filling ingredients and pour on top of the dough evenly spreading it out. roll up the dough and as you do, the filling will leak out at the very end, which is totally fine! cut into individual rolls.
- dip the top of the cinnamon roll cookie in the leaked out filling and add to a parchment lined baking tray.
- bake at 350 degrees for 17-18 minutes and then add store bought vanilla frosting or a glaze.