cupcakes? chocolate? vegan? 6 ingredients? dreams can become reality, this recipe is actual proof lol. i live for a good cupcake recipe, a bakery style one particularly. i wanted to bring things back to basics with this recipe. all you need is almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder, peanut butter, almond milk and maple syrup. there’s peanut butter buttercream too…DANG. i took a short cut and mixed organic vegan store-bought vanilla frosting (simple mills) with creamy peanut butter & it was super easy to make. also, if you’re looking for a non-peanut butter flavor, just don’t add peanut butter to the frosting and replace the peanut butter in the cupcake recipe with something more mild like almond butter or sunflower seed butter.
i was able to make 8 scrumptious cupcakes total and they’re medium size!
ingredients and directions
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (i used Hershey’s Special Dark 100% cacao)
- 1/3 cup very creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- combine cupcake ingredients in a bowl and mix until a batter forms.
- place a couple of large spoonfuls in parchment paper muffin cups.
- bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes.
- cool down and then add frosting if you would like (mix 1/2 cup vanilla frosting with 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter).
- *i used simple mills frosting and made 8 cupcakes