is it my birthday? nope! but that doesn’t mean i won’t have Vegan Birthday Cake Bites on repeat, i mean, look at these gems! minus the sprinkles, they’re made with FIVE ingredients. that’s it. do they taste like birthday cake? yes, they sure do. there IS added sugar in the sprinkles but Vegan Birthday Cake Bites are ONLY sweetened with dates. you could skip the sprinkles if you’re looking for refined sugar-free, but they’re such a fun addition
when life gets super busy, making yummy treats ahead of time to store in the fridge is always a time-saver. i pack them in Alex’s lunches and he very much appreciates the healthy treats.
i am beyond excited to see your Vegan Birthday Cake recreations. whenever you make my recipes and tag me, it just makes me so happy. this is going to be a fun one!!
ingredients and directions
- 1 cup almond flour
- 6 large pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- sprinkles for coating
- add all ingredients but the sprinkles to a food processor and blend until a dough forms.
- roll into bites (i made 10 total but whatever size you want works).
- roll into sprinkles to coat the outside and place in the freezer to harden for 30 minutes.
- enjoy and store in the fridge!