hi friends! i hope that you are all staying safe, taking care of yourselves and finding the joy in baking or cooking. i made you all the most delicious banana cake with chai frosting and it is as fluffy as a cloud. just check out that texture, it’s amazing! i think the secret to the texture is the vegan sour cream i used.
vegan cream cheese would be another great option! also, if you don’t add the maple syrup to the frosting or omit it altogether, this would be a recipe free of added sugars!
ingredients & directions
- 1 and 1/3 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 4 medium-large size ones)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 1/4 cup very creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- mix all ingredients in a bowl until a batter forms and everything is well-combined!
- bake in an 8 x 8 x 2 pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. enjoy!
- cool completely and add the frosting
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chai spice