cookies….and….chickpeas? yes! odd right? maybe you have tried another dessert recipe with chickpeas. did you like it? i think the Cookie Monster would approve of The Ultimate Chickpea Cookies. they’re healthy as can be, deliciously light, subtly sweet and have some protein. snack time looks good.
since there are only two tbsps of maple syrup in The Ultimate Chickpea Cookies, i added some yummy lil chocolate chips to the top for extra sweetness. you could add just about anything though. i have to say, there’s nothing like a chocolate chip cookie dunked in dairy-free milk!
there’s virtually no mess with The Ultimate Chickpea Cookies because they’re made in the food processor! all you have to do is take a tbsp measurer and scoop a heaping tbsp of dough, place it on parchment paper and with slightly wet hands, press into a cookie shape!
the recipe yields about 8 medium size cookies, but you could make smaller or larger ones if you wanted! just monitor the baking time.
yayayaya, happy baking!! tag me if you make them 🙂
ingredients + directions
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter (any creamy nut or seed butter works)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp room temp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 4 tbsp almond flour
- chocolate chips for topping
- add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until a thick batter forms.
- use a tbsp measurer and scoop a heaping tbsp of batter, place it on parchment paper and with slightly wet hands, press into a cookie shape!
- top with chocolate chips if you would like.
- bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes and then let the cookies cool for at least 20-30 minutes so the texture has time to set. *recipe yielded 8 medium size.