i never knew that carrots could be transformed into such a delicious cupcake creation. this recipe only requires 4 tbsp of maple syrup but holy yum, the cupcakes are still super decadent. between the raisins, oats and easy as can be buttercream frosting, you’re going to want to have The Best Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes on repeat.
spices like cinnamon, all spice and ginger add so much goodness! nutmeg would be delicious too but i didn’t have any left because ya know, pumpkin szn lol.
raisins and anything carrot cake just go hand in hand but if you’re not a raisin fan, you can replace them! i think the next best replacement would be chopped dates. honestly, i prefer dates to raisins, so they might be taste even better- definitely a bit sweeter!
next week by the way starts holiday dessert week!! i’m so dang excited. from gingerbread goodies to peppermint and orange cranberry, the yummiest treats are coming your way!
have the best relaxing sunday and i’m so excited to see your recreations :).
The Best Vegan Carrot Cake CupcakesCourse: Cupcakes, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
1 and 3/4 cup almond flour
1/3 cup flax meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup creamy plain dairy free yogurt (used kite hill)
1 cup grated carrots (make sure it’s packed down)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup raisins
1 stick room temp vegan butter
1/4 cup vegan cream cheese
1 tbsp maple syrup
dash of vanilla extract
- mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add in the wet ones.
- mix well and then add in the carrot. next, stir everything together and then fold in the oats and raisins.
- fill parchment muffin cups to the top.
- bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. cool down completely so the cupcakes set.
- whisk the buttercream ingredients together in a bowl and then add to the top of the cooled down cupcakes.