The ultimate vegan cookies sounded great but this title fits better….The Best Chewy Vegan Cookies! so, we have oats, banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips, oh my. The Best Chewy Vegan Cookies are easy to make with no added sugar, just omit the chocolate chips. bluuuuuebs would be a great replacement. oh, and walnuts for banana walnut cookies, yum.
when it comes to bananas in cookies, i have found a kitchen hack and i don’t think i can ever go back. ok, so you take the liquid ingredients along with the very ripe bananas and blend them in a food processor. then, you add the liquid banana mixture to the dry ingredients. that’s it! no mashing the bananas or mess.
aaaah see what i mean by chewy cookies! the center, oooh the center, i cannot. The Best Chewy Vegan Cookies are my favorite to eat as breakfast cookies but they sure do make an amazing snack or after dinner treat! they’re versatile and healthy enough for any time of the day :).
i want to add one tip when it comes to shaping the cookies! if you want a cookie shape, after you use a spoon to add the batter to a baking tray, slightly wet your hands, and lightly press down on the top + the sides to mold into a cookie.
ingredients + directions
- 3 medium size very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup very creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond or any dairy free milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 1 cup oats
- chocolate chips for topping or adding to the batter
- in a food processor, blend the bananas, peanut butter, dairy free milk and vanilla paste/extract until a thick and liquid-y consistency.
- add to the dry ingredients and mix well until a thick batter forms. fold in the oats and chocolate chips and use a large spoon to distribute on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- use the tip listed above to shape into cookies!
- bake at 350 degrees for 13 minutes.
- recipe makes about 10 medium size cookies.