we <3 pumpkin with all of our hearts, but sometimes, there just isn’t any left at the grocery store lol. while it may be an unfortunate reality around fall/the holiday season, there’s always sweet potato. you know, the amazing carb-y potato goodness with the best natural sweetness. is it technically a fall food? who knows, but it does remind me of fall and the holiday season. plus, it makes a gooooood fudgy no bake bite dipped in chocolate.
if you want to use pumpkin or butternut squash puree, go for it! the fudge bites will be the same texture and just as yummy.
bite shot on point. you can just tell how soft the texture is from the center. you can store Sweet Potato Fudge Bites in the fridge or freezer, but i prefer the freezer. just make sure they have long enough to thaw before you eat!
ingredients and directions
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup canned sweet potato puree (canned is more liquidy than homemade, so just take that into account if you make yours and might need to add a little almond milk)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter or almond butter (any works though)
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- chocolate coating: 1/3 cup chocolate chips (i used unsweetened from Trader Joe’s, 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 tbsp coconut oil and 1 tbsp seed or nut butter)
- mix the almond flour, sweet potato, seed or nut butter, maple syrup and pumpkin spice in a bowl until a thick mixture forms.
- it’s sticky, so best to use a small ice cream scoop to make into bites or you can slightly wet your hands and roll into balls.
- place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- melt the chocolate and almond milk together and then mix in the rest of the chocolate coating ingredients.
- dip the bites with a spoon or fork, place on a parchment lined tray and place into the fridge or freezer until the chocolate sets (couple hours).
- store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.