hi everyone!! hope you’re all having a wonderful day so far and staying well during these hard times. even though it’s part of my job, i’ve been finding a lot of happiness in baking and sharing with my family. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake was a huge hit and it’s decadent vegan cake in all it’s glory. i wouldn’t call this a health food but it’s certainly better for you than most sweets out there.
if you don’t have the ingredients for the frosting, no worries because it’s perfectly delicious as is! you can also use nut butter or melt some chocolate chips for a drizzle!
if you make this recipe, go ahead and tag me on Instagram! i love sharing your recreations, you guys are amazing!
ingredients & directions
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal and 6 tbsp water)
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well-combined. fold in the chocolate chips and place the batter in an 8 x 8 x 2.
- bake at 350 for 35 min
- for the vegan buttercream, mix:
- 1/2 cup room temp vegan butter (i like miyokos)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted with 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- let the cake cool, place the buttercream in the fridge for an hour and then top the cake.