Whooooo loves peanut butter and chocolate? I’m guessing just about everyone out there. If you’re not a pb fan, almond butter is a great alternative and you can of course use a seed butter too!
This recipe is super flexible, I’ve made it multiple ways. I pretty much live for the texture of these bars. The bottom layer is soft and chewy- I’m a fan of that texture but if you’re not, adding in some nuts or seeds would be a great idea! It would be hard to mess up this recipe and making your own variation is always fun.
I was going to add some flaky sea salt to the top but forgot- it’s a yummy addition!! The toppings above include sliced blanched almonds and of course more chocolate chips because why not?! Again, almost anything goes as far as toppings, you can get really creative here.
Alrighty friends, I’m off to get some more work done for beets & blush. you can shop my non-toxic, vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free cosmetics by clicking on the beets & blush link <3. Also, tag me in your recreations so I can share them on my IG stories <3
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Peanut Butter layer (bottom)
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp runny peanut butter
Chocolate layer (top)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp room temp vegan butter- I like miyoko’s vegan cultured butter
- 1/2 cup semi sweet dark chocolate chips
- mix the first layer ingredients well- I found that my hands were best for mixing this!
- place in the freezer for an hour.
- then, melt the chocolate layer ingredients, i placed mine in the microwave for 30 sec, took out, mixed and then placed back for another 30 seconds.
- pour the melted chocolate on top and also add whatever toppings you like.
- place back in the freezer for several hours, then remove, cut into bars and store in an airtight container in the freezer.