i try to make eating vegan as fun and as nourishing as possible. it can be challenging to eat an entirely plant based diet, or even incorporate several vegan meals per week. that’s why simple, nutrient dense meals that are easy to prepare are my go tos. you won’t find many fancy ingredients in my dishes because keeping food in it’s pure form is what’s worked best for me on a busy schedule. people seem to really love my bowls on the gram, so i wanted to do an entire run through on the cooking process!
as you can probably tell, almost all of my lunch and dinner bowls are packed with vegetables, a protein of sorts and healthy fats. many times, i go back and forth between brown and quinoa, but bean-based pasta is also a fave!
some of the best sauce recipes come from random ingredients already in my kitchen. almond butter, tahini and peanut butter are always on hand for creamy sauces. also, hummus is a necessity in my dishes! adding more ingredients to pre-made sauces is a good way to put your own twist on things too. the almond butter sauce below is made with pre-made buffalo sauce for a nice little kick!
enjoy this delicious vegan meal and remember, you can always use different veggies, this is just basic prep for any kind!
- 2 cups brussels sprouts cut in half
- 1 medium size zucchini cut into quarters
- 1 medium size sweet potato cut into quarters
- 2 cups green beans cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced red onions
- 14 oz tofu cut into squares
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice
- 3 cups veggie broth
- 1 cup water
Almond Butter Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce (barbecue works too!)
- 2 tbsp garlic hummus
- 1 tsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- place the veggies on a large baking tray, drizzle the olive oil on top, mix and coat them well.
- bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- cook the rice on high heat with veggie broth for 15 minutes.
- at the 15 minute mark, add one cup of water and cook until the liquid is completely absorbed.
- mix all of the almond butter sauce ingredients well in a bowl until a thick consistency forms.
- plate everything and enjoy!