welcome to a cozy corner of homemade snacks where simplicity meets warmth.
in today’s recipe, we’re embracing the spirit of the holidays with a seasonal creation: Homemade Gingerbread Granola: A Crunchy and Cozy Holiday Snack!!
the comforting aroma of ginger, cinnamon, and molasses will fill your kitchen as you whip up this easy, gluten-free treat.
perfect for snacking or adding a festive crunch to your breakfast routine, this homemade granola is a heartwarming addition to your holiday season.
i am blown away by the flavor! each bite is a blend of warmth, as the notes of ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg come through perfectly.
the sweetness of molasses and maple syrup intertwines with the nutty richness of almonds, walnuts, or your chosen nuts, creating a blend that is both satisfying and nostalgic.
the gentle spice of cloves and allspice adds depth, and adds that classic flavor profile!
whether enjoyed as a standalone snack or sprinkled over yogurt, this granola encapsulates the essence of cozy, festive indulgence in every cluster!!
as you take a bite, the gluten-free oats provide a nice crispness, creating a symmetrical contrast with the chewiness derived from the silky blend of dates, molasses, and nut butter.
the nuts and seeds add layers of different textures, which is super important in my opinon!
the result is a granola that surprises you in the best way—it’s crunchy and chewy, all in one.
ok, i am a chocolate and gingerbread girl, so i am all for adding a touch of chocolatey bliss.
while the granola is still warm from the oven, GENEROUSLY sprinkle a handful of your favorite chocolate chips over the top.
as the granola cools, the chocolate chips will melt and it’s glorious. i actually used unsweetened pascha chocolate chips because the base is sweet enough in my opinion, but use whatever you have!
for an extra element of yum, pop the tray into the freezer for just 15 minutes, allowing the chocolate to set into a crunch.
the result is a fusion of warm spices and rich chocolate, which just elevates your granola!
ease the process of enjoying your Homemade Gingerbread Granola: A Crunchy and Cozy Holiday Snack by preventing any sticky situations with a simple parchment paper trick!
before spreading the mixture onto the baking tray, lightly grease the parchment paper with a thin layer of cooking spray or a touch of oil.
this extra layer creates a barrier between the granola and the paper, allowing for easy removal once it’s cooled.
as the granola bakes, the greased parchment ensures that the clusters don’t stick, and you’re left with perfectly intact, golden-brown goodness.
this small step makes the cleanup effortless and ensures that every bite of your granola is as enjoyable to make as it is to savor.
additionally, when you’re spreading the granola onto the greased parchment paper, use a lightly dampened spatula to gently flatten the surface.
it’s just a very sticky mixture and that will prevent sticking to your cooking utensils!
if you love Homemade Gingerbread Granola: A Crunchy and Cozy Holiday Snack, try these other recipes from my blog!
are you going to make my Homemade Gingerbread Granola: A Crunchy and Cozy Holiday Snack!?
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Homemade Gingerbread Granola: A Crunchy and Cozy Holiday SnackCourse: Snacks, Sweet
2 cups gluten-free oats
1 cup nuts of choice (e.g., almonds, walnuts, pecans), chopped
1 cup seeds of choice (e.g., pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
5 dates, pitted
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
1/4 cup runny nut butter (e.g., almond butter, peanut butter)
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp each of nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and cloves
- preheat the oven: preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). line a baking tray with lightly greased parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- prepare dry ingredients: in a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of gluten-free oats, 1 cup of chopped nuts, and 1 cup of seeds. mix well and set aside.
- prepare the coating: in a food processor, combine 5 pitted dates, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla extract, avocado oil or melted coconut oil, runny nut butter, and the spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, cloves). blend until you have a smooth, sticky mixture.
- combine wet and dry ingredients: pour the blended coating over the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. stir until the oats, nuts, and seeds are evenly coated with the gingerbread mixture.
- bake: spread the mixture evenly on the prepared baking tray. bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. after 12 minutes, rotate the tray 180 degrees for even baking and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes or until the granola is golden brown and crunchy.
- cool: allow the granola to cool completely on the baking tray. this is very important because it will crisp up as it cools.
- store: once cooled, transfer the gingerbread granola to an airtight container where it can be stored for a week. i prefer to store mine in the fridge.