I did go to THE Ohio State University for undergrad, so it’s only appropriate that I come out with a buckeyes recipe, even if it is 6 years later lol. Buckeyes have long been a favorite of mine and really are a perfect and easy-to-make sweet treat. I made a better for you version with real + minimal ingredients that requires ten minutes of your time.
I highly recommend adding some sea salt to the top if you are a fan of the sweet + salty combo. sea salt seems to very much enhance the flavor of the chocolate and peanut butter! also, if you’re not a peanut butter fan, make a swap for almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter or even tahini.
Healthier Vegan Buckeyes
ingredients and directions
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2.5 tbsp room temp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- blend in a food processor until a smooth consistency forms.
- next, roll into balls, place in the freezer for an hour and dip into chocolate sauce
- chocolate sauce ingredients
- one 3.5 oz bar dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp creamy nut butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- melt the chocolate sauce ingredients together. add a dash more almond milk if the mixture is too thick.
- dip the balls partially into the sauce, place in the freezer and enjoy! store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.