it’s safe for me to bring back pumpkin, right? i sort of did an overkill at the beginning of fall and then took a glorious break, but you know what, i missed it! well, we’re back baby and better than ever with the best of the best- Fudgy Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Brownies.
these brownies are a dream come true. want to know what makes them extra cool?
we use an ENTIRE can of organic pumpkin in the brownies, so no more canned pumpkin waste.
also, pumpkin is SO good for you and is a nutrient powerhouse, yay.
the batter is THIIIIIICK and i mean thick lol. warning, you will get an arm workout while mixing all of the ingredients together.
you could also add everything to a large food processor too, that would be an easier way to do things lol.
and then i did get a little (ok a lot) carried away with the toppings. if you’re trying to keep these on the low sugar side and healthier, they are amazing as is.
however, you know me and you know that chocolate is everything so, i added lots of chocolate chips to the top along with sunflower seed butter cups (just make sure they’re nut free).
the choices are endless though! you could leave the brownies plain and then end up frosting them once they’re cooled.
the flour used in this recipe is gluten free baking flour! love bob’s red mill for this by the way, but you could totally try other brands.
just try to use a gf flour that’s baking flour as opposed to all purpose but if all purpose is all you can find, that’s ok!
if you love Fudgy Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Brownies (Nut-Free), try these other recipes from my blog!
here’s everything you need to make Fudgy Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Brownies
- organic canned pumpkin puree
- gluten free baking flour
- baking powder
- sugar sub like lakanto or organic cane sugar/coconut sugar
- vanilla extract
- corn starch or arrowroot powder
- sunbutter or another seed butter
- cocoa powder
- flax egg
- chocolate chips and sunflower seed butter cups for topping if wanted
are you going to make my Fudgy Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Brownies (Nut-Free)?!
if you make one of my recipes, i would LOVE to see your creation! be sure to leave a review in the comments section, it is so appreciated and helps my small business.
do you want to save this recipe for later!? you can add the recipe to your recipe board on Pinterest!
it brings me so much happiness to see your beautiful recreations on Instagram :). tag me so that i can see and repost your food on my stories!
Fudgy Vegan and Gluten Free Pumpkin Brownies (Nut-Free)Course: Cakes, DessertsDifficulty: Easy
1 whole can organic pureed pumpkin (15 ounces)
2 tbsp corn starch or arrowroot powder
1 cup gluten free baking flour (1:1)
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup sugar sweetener of your choosing (used lakanto monkfruit classic a 1:1 sub)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sunbutter
1 flax egg (1 tbsp Flax meal + 3 tbsp water)
- chocolate chips and crushed sunflower seed butter cups for topping if wanted (make sure they’re nut free)
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- mix the wet ingredients first and then fold in the dry ones. mix well, it is a hard batter to mix because it’s so thick. it’s an arm workout lol. you could also use the food processor to blend everything!
- place in a parchment lined 8 x 11 baking pan and evenly distribute.
- top with chocolate if you would like and bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes.
- let the brownies cool down completely before cutting into them. store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container and enjoy!