what’s super fudgy, way better for you than most desserts and full of all the pumpkin spice + everything nice? FLOURLESS PUMPKIN CAKE! dang, this is good. the texture reminds me so much of my vegan banana chocolate chip tahini bars. if you’re looking to make those too, the recipe is in an IG post from September 1st. Flourless Pumpkin Cake though, this is going to be an upbeetandkaleingit favorite, i just know it. we love a good blender recipe, right? makes things so much easier!
i added chocolate chips to the top only, but of course mix them in the batter if you would like! you may also really enjoy a vegan chocolate buttercream frosting! just melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips with 1/4 cup almond milk and then mix it with room temperature vegan butter. place it in the fridge to harden and once the cake cools down, you can frost it!
holy great pumpkin, how good is the texture?! sooo fudgy and dense, which is my absolute favorite.
ingredients and directions
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medium size very ripe banana
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup very creamy almond butter or peanut butter (sunflower seed works too)
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- chocolate chips (however many you want)
- add everything but the chocolate chips to a blender and blend until a thick and smooth consistency forms.
- then fold in chocolate chips (or just add to the top if you want).
- add to a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 baking tray and bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes.