hiii and happy monday! Easy Carrot Cake Oatmeal has been a popular request as of lately, so i’m happy to make your oatmeal dreams come true. keeping the ingredients simple is key and this recipe is lower in sugar than other carrot cake oatmeal recipes i’ve seen before! if you don’t have vegan cream cheese for topping, no worries, it’s delicious on it’s own and some nut or seed butter would be wonderful too!
if you don’t have maple syrup on hand, some coconut sugar or whatever you have to work with is just fine! this recipe is hard to mess up and it’s versatile!
ingredients and directions
- place all ingredients in a small-medium pot
- cook on medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and a thick consistency has formed
- 1 cup quick oats (use whatever you would like but cooking time could change along with liquid amounts needed)
- 1/3 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup oat milk or any dairy free milk
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 or 2 tbsp maple syrup