Black beans? Brownie Pie? Dessert? Yes! I remember I first saw a food blogger add black beans to her brownies years ago and was like whaaaat?! I’m so happy that I tried them because the brownies were SO good and the nutrient profile was a bonus too. Ever since then, I’ve been experimenting with different dessert recipes incorporating black beans and chickpeas too. I made you a really fun brownie pie that would be perfect for a movie night (vegan ice cream included too). This pie is oh so rich, fudgy and made with the basics. it’s actually just black beans, peanut butter, vanilla extract, oat flour, almond flour, almond milk, monk fruit sweetener & cocoa powder.
if you’re not a fan of black beans, you could try chickpeas but you might need to slightly adjust other ingredients! A bit more liquid may be necessary.
ingredients and directions
- in a food processor, blend the following:
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 tbsp Lakanto classic monk fruit sweetener- it’s a 1:1 sugar substitute
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2. pour into a pie pan greased with coconut oil or lined with parchment paper and mix in small spoonfuls of peanut butter + add dark chocolate to the top if you would like.
3. bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes.
4. Cool down and enjoy!