raise your hand if you LOVE fries. my arm is high in the air because there’s nothing ya girl loves more than a good french fry. in fact, there are very few fries that i’ve come across and didn’t like (huge fan clearly). however, some ingredient lists tell a different story, so we’re keeping things real and minimal over here @ upbeetandkaleingit.
ever had parsnip fries? i love making fries with all kinds of different foods. zucchini, avocado, sweet potatoes, carrots and butternut quash just to name a few!
parsnips are delicious when you bake them with the right herbs and spices & this recipe is a 10/10.
simplicity is key when it comes to eating vegan food that’s made with whole foods rather than processed junk. i like to keep things as easy as possible and can’t think of a better side dish for your plant-based dinner than these goodies.
- 1 lb bag of parsnips cut into thin slices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s but you can sprinkle with just sea salt, pepper and onion powder too!
- cut the parsnips into thin slices and drizzle with the olive oil.
- add the herbs and seasoning on top and mix well.
- bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 25-27 minutes.
- serve with your favorite sauce.